16+ Personal, social and emotional development songs for early years
Djembe Drumming Workshops
Junior Djembes - visiting drumming workshop for KS2 ( but also see our full list of KS1+KS2 workshops here )
(Visit to New Seaham Academy)
Dr B. Renwick presents this fully inclusive djembe drumming workshop to KS2 pupils in groups of 16 - for schools in: Tyne & Wear, County Durham and Stockton-on-Tees.
- ALL drums provided !
- Large space is required (school hall or classroom).
- Workshop duration - 1 hour. Cost: £ 75
- Alternatively, can be offered over 2-3 weeks as a short course - call to discuss your requirements !
CLICK HERE to listen to West African djembe music !
- be introduced to djembe drumming techniques
- have full access to a range of authentic djembes
- build simple to more complex rhythmic patterns
- explore different and multiple rhythmic textures
- perform together as a whole group
This fully inclusive, lively music workshop will inspire and introduce pupils to this accessible form of music from another culture. NO music reading skills required !
Dr B. Renwick is a music education specialist and has worked in schools and nurseries throughout Northeast England since 1998. He has wide experience of delivering the KS1 + KS2 music curriculum
Please note - these workshop sessions are for a maximum group size of 16 pupils (drum availability). Please book two workshops/courses if you wish to cover a full class of 32 pupils.
Seen our other visiting music workshops?